Pet Travel – Health Certificates

All veterinarians practicing medicine must be licensed in the country they work. When pets travel internationally, many countries require an international health certificate to be issued (completed, signed, and dated) by a veterinarian. A health certificate is required, the veterinarian that issues the health certificate must be PVMC Accredited.


It is the responsibility of the pet owner to make sure their pet has met the requirements of the destination country.

Failure to meet the requirements may result in problems gaining certificate endorsement or difficulties upon arrival in the destination country.